40 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Beckers Corporation’s policy of quality and durability in the manufacture of its painted roofing and siding products, Hixwood Super Rib 100 is represented by this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is valid for a period of 40 years on sidewalls and 35 years on roof panels.
- During the terms of this Warranty, the painted panel will not perforate or fail structurally due to deterioration from red rust.
- The paint will not.
- Crack, check, or peel (lose adhesion) for 40 years on sidewalls and 35 years on roof panels.
- Chalk in excess of a numerical rating of 7 when measured with the standard procedure specified in ASTM 04214-89, Method D659 on sidewalls for a period of 40 years.
- Chalk in excess of a numerical rating of 11 when measured with the standard procedure specified in ASTM D4214-89, Method D659 on roof panels for a period of 35 years.
- Fade or change color more than 6 units of color for sidewall panels in accordance with standard procedure of ASTM D2244-93 for a period of 40 years.
- Fade or change color more than 11 units of color for roof panels in accordance with standard procedure of ASTM D2244-93 for a period of 35 years.
- All products will conform to the performance certification of THE SYSTEM published by the company at the time of the sale.
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
- This Warranty is extended to the original buyer only and is not transferable or assignable.
- Abnormal atmospheric conditions to which this Warranty does not apply include, but are not limited to
hail, exposure to corrosive or harmful chemicals (weather solids, liquids, or gases) airborne contaminants,
animal wastes, exposure to salt water spray, decaying materials, wet absorptive material, and internal contamination created by improper ventilation or improper housekeeping. The Warranty does not cover damage caused by acts of God, falling objects, external forces, explosions, fire, riots, civil commotion, act
of war, excessive radiations or other such similar or dissimilar occurrences beyond our control.
- This Warranty does not cover damages to the product’s finish caused by handling, shipping, transit, processing, storage or installation.
- This Warranty does not cover failures resulting from edge corrosion.
- The Buyer shall inspect material received from Beckers Corporation prior to installation so as to mitigate expenses involved in repairing, replacing, or repainting defective sheets. The Buyer accepts responsibility upon receipt of the material in the conditions described in paragraph 3 of Limitations on Warranty.
- Any claim on account of a defect in the products or for any other cause shall be deemed waive by buyer unless written notice thereof is given to Seller within 30 days after discovery of the defect and within the applicant warranty period. Buyer must submit proof of purchase in the event of such claim. Seller shall be given reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims.
If any of our products fail to perform as warranted, the company will, at its own option, repaint or replace the defective panels or refund the buyer the price paid for the material. The company’s total liability is expressly limited to the purchase price of the defective material. Except as provided herein the company shall not be liable for any losses, damage, or expense, whether direct, incidental or consequential, caused by or resulting from the use of defective or non-conforming products.
THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES STATED HEREIN ARE THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND
REMEDIES APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCTS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.